Paudal.com reports that 48 year old Hugo Ismael passed away after choking after eating a slice of French bread during a pozole eating contest held in Tinum, Mexico. Not only were there no EMT present at the contest site, no doctors at all were available at all in Tinum or the neighboring town of Uayama, requiring transport to Valladolid Hospital, where Ismael was declared dead. Pozole is a dish originally invented by the Aztecs which included flesh from warriors sacrificed in sun worship rituals. Spaniards replaced the human meat with pork. (original Spanish article).

3 Comments »

  1. Michael Jenkins said (Registered May 11, 2012)

    September 20, 2022 @ 2:12 am

    So, basically, NOBODY, including the police officers knew how, or even tried, to give him the heimlich maneuver?? Something seems fishy.

  2. Anonymous said

    September 21, 2022 @ 12:15 pm

    Fishy? Was that a food pun? lol

  3. Anonymous said

    September 21, 2022 @ 4:55 pm

    I grew up on pozole. I don’t think I can eat it without thinking of human flesh now…

  4. Tài khon binance said (Comment pending approval)

    April 28, 2024 @ 4:17 am

    Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Comment

Log in | Register | Comments by users who have not logged in will be held for approval